Re: [xmca] Zopeds at the cultural historical level

From: ERIC.RAMBERG@spps.org
Date: Mon Dec 18 2006 - 12:26:49 PST

Mike Cole wrote:
"I believe I could come up with some for our situation. Where
might we find them for Dr./Nurse cases? Perhaps in Strauss? What about
Middleton? Some concrete examples would help. But the general idea
certainly
fits my experience."

One of my favorite examples of this is from the following article:

"Learning from a learning disable child"

it is available at:

http://lchc.ucsd.edu/People/MCole/comparison.pdf

Personally for me it was great inspiration when I first read about how
different cultural contexts can determine parameters for assessments of
development.

eric