Re: [xmca] Zopeds and more competent peers

From: Ana Marjanovic-Shane (ana@zmajcenter.org)
Date: Mon Dec 11 2006 - 14:03:09 PST

Hi,
This is a very interesting information! A similar picture seems to be
coming out from studying the use of drama workshops in education.
Namely, although the difference in the subject-matter competence might
exist and usually does exist between the participants, there should be
no felt difference or great asymmetry in the interpersonal
relationships. When the relationships are more democratic or more equal,
then the benefits seem to be the greatest for all including those less
skilled or less knowledgeable. However, learning occurs in the group in
general and for all the participants, not only for those who might be
less competent participant(s) in some skills/knowledge. It is also
noticed in the so called "more skilled" partner (weather an adult or
peer). It seems that the process is bi-directional -- but it is more
than one type of skill/knowledge that is exchanged in the process.
Ana

Ana Marjanovic'-Shane,Ph.D.

151 W. Tulpehocken St.

Philadelphia, PA 19144