Re: [xmca] Unbelievable

From: Bruce Robinson (BRUCE@BRUCEROB.EU)
Date: Thu Oct 19 2006 - 05:22:02 PDT

Yet another example of how genetic reductionism serves to reflect
conservative moral panic. Maybe a revival of eugenics is next.

David, I think the guy probably does believe this - those evolutionary
psychologists at LSE have talked a lot of junk over the years (see the
collection of critiques edited by Steven and Hilary Rose). On the other
hand perhaps we shouldn't take it too seriously as "he carried out the
report for men's satellite TV channel Bravo." Maybe he's looking for a
more long-term job as a consultant advising young men what
characteristics to look for in their mates...

Bruce R