Re: [xmca] university students in the zoped

From: deborah downing-wilson (ddowningw@gmail.com)
Date: Fri Oct 13 2006 - 21:20:27 PDT

I'm just beginning to look at undergrad development in informal mentored
service learning environments (Fifth Dimension After-school programs) and
would like to use the ZPD model to evaluate the quality of the
professor/undergrad relationship in contrast to the conventional
lecturer/listener dynamic. There is some literature available on adult
learners in zopeds, but neither this nor the work regularly done with
children directly addresses university learning.

On 10/13/06, Emily Duvall <duvalleg@adelphia.net> wrote:

> Are you looking for something in particular as in dynamic assessment or
> a particular domain such as foreign language, ... ?
>
> deborah downing-wilson wrote:
>
> > Can anyone point me toward literature or research applying the zoped
> > model
> > to professor/university student relationships?
> >

> --
> He only earns his freedom and his life, who takes them every day by storm.
> -- Johann Wolfgang Goethe
>
> Emily Duvall
> Doctoral Candidate (ABD) / Graduate Assistant-Instructor
> Language and Literacy Education (LLED)
> Department of Curriculum and Instruction
> College of Education
> Penn State University
> 256 Chambers Bldg.
> University Park , PA 16802