Re: [xmca] Sunstein "Infotopia" on BookTV Sunday night

From: Mike Cole (lchcmike@gmail.com)
Date: Fri Oct 13 2006 - 16:47:32 PDT

Sunstein argues for Dewey's notion of social intelligence, I gather? At
least as a potential and perhaps afforded by
our current infotopia?

Oddly, as some of you may have noticed from another posting today by a
student of mine (who I intended to have post
to our seminar, not xmca, but the juxtaposition is interesting!) I am
running a seminar are Orwell's 1984 and its resonances
with contemporary events and modes of mediation.

Hmmmm, perhaps for everyone infotopia there is at least one infodystopia?
And besides, lets keep in mind that utopia means
nowhere, or, if you prefer a contraring view, Erehwon.
mike