Re: [xmca] political radio ad in Maryland

From: Tony Whitson (twhitson@UDel.Edu)
Date: Sun Sep 24 2006 - 09:48:42 PDT

it looks like the link might have gotten garbled in transmission.
this shorter blog link might work better:
http://tonywhitson.edublogs.org/
and here again is the link for that specific post:
http://tonywhitson.edublogs.org/2006/09/24/racist-revisionism-in-md-politics/

On Sun, 24 Sep 2006, Tony Whitson wrote:

> I apologize if this is too much inside-the-US politics for this list. I
> think it is an interesting example of the use of discourse, however. And,
> besides, although it might seem trivial in comparison with the current
> "state of affairs" in other places, what happens in those places is
> regrettably all-too-much affected by the results of politics like this in
> the US. (What's at stake here is control of the US Congress. It is certain
> that if the Democratic Party gains control of the lower house, impeachment
> charges will be brought against the President; so more money is being spent
> this year on the campaigning--far more money by Republicans--than in any
> previous non-Presidential election year.)
>
> Anyway, what I have posted at
> http://tonywhitson.edublogs.org/2006/09/24/racist-revisionism-in-md-politics
> /
> is a link for a radio ad that is targeted to exploit what the sponsors
> regard as the state of political ignorance of their target audience:
> African-American voters in Maryland.

Tony Whitson
UD School of Education
NEWARK DE 19716