Re: [xmca] reading ability is genetic!? (read this one!)

From: Leif Strandberg (leifstrandberg.ab@telia.com)
Date: Wed Sep 20 2006 - 03:15:13 PDT

Hi,

Homo Sapiens Sapiens have existed on earth 100.000 years

Reading ability has existed - say - 5.000 years - in most areas much
less.

During this period (100.000 years) we have 99.99% the same brain and
DNA.

Reading ability is formed and developed in cultures where you find
books, pens and paper i.e. artifacts for reading (artifacts produced by
the same human beings who can master them).

Reading is culture - in cultures where reading artifacts are accessible
and where people have access to them and are instructed how to use
them.

Or?

Leif in Sweden

(Sweden, where reading ability increased a lot during the Reformation -
1500 - when the Bible was translated to our mother tounge - so reading
ability does not only depend on artifacts but also on social movements
and popular struggle.