Re: [xmca] culture, history, remembrance

From: David Preiss (davidpreiss@uc.cl)
Date: Tue Sep 19 2006 - 16:15:53 PDT

Thank you both for sharing your experiences.
9/11 is also a sad day in Chile.
We commemorated 33 years after Augusto Pinochet's coup, a coup that
as many others in Latin America was sponsored by those that we all know.
Thousands killed, disappeared, tortured, exiled, years of life lost
in a regime of terror.
Alas! Paine´s words also apply to american intervention in Chile.