Re: [xmca] Invitation to a wedding.

From: Mike Cole (lchcmike@gmail.com)
Date: Mon Aug 28 2006 - 17:47:58 PDT

Well now, if someone could post access to the dueling banjoes piece, I would
be more than happy to discuss.
I would claim that (in addition to being just plain great music), it is:

1. A TERRIFIC metaphor for Arthur Jensen-style theories of mental
retardation and what is wrong with them
2. A nice way to think about development/intelligence.
3. A very useful medium, in conjuction with the film itself, of theories of
power, ethnocentricism, urban chauvinism,
and a lot of other repugnant, but interesting, social phenomena.

But first, who among us can make the music available for joint attention,
and, who knows, some intersubjectivity
(without necessary agreement, passim professor matusov)
mike