Re: [xmca] Signing babies

From: deborah downing-wilson (ddowningw@gmail.com)
Date: Sun Jul 30 2006 - 20:48:52 PDT

Very interesting. My grandchildren all learned to sign well before they
could speak - makes for very calm and contented children as they can
communicate so much earlier - also my daughter has had good results teaching
her nonverbal students with autism to sign, and success with one but not
another child with a severe stammer. Interestingly, one
student stammers when he signs as well, while the other signs smoothly.

deb

On 7/30/06, Mike Cole <lchcmike@gmail.com> wrote:

> The increased use of sign language with pre-verbal kids appears to be a
> growing practice (fad?). Anyway,
> i thought perhaps this story might interest some xmcaogrifs.
> mike
>
> http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060727/lf_nm/life_babysign_dc

Deborah Downing-Wilson