[xmca] (xmca) Call for Papers Announcement

From: Shannon Calderone (scalderone@gmail.com)
Date: Mon Jul 10 2006 - 16:17:00 PDT

Hi Bruce,
How do I get this posted to the XMCA listserv?

Thanks,
Shannon Calderone
**
*________________________________________*
**
*InterActions:* *UCLA Journal of Education and Information Studies* is a
peer-reviewed electronic journal [http://www.interactions.gseis.ucla.edu/]
that is committed to the promotion of scholarly work that examines areas of
education and information studies via interdisciplinary and critical
frameworks. A critical framework is any approach that expands our notion of
traditional analyses of problems and issues. The journal seeks to link
diverse theoretical and practical projects, as well as provides a space to
record the voices of emerging scholars (graduate students and postdoctoral
fellows), activists, and practitioners.

As education and information institutions continue to face challenging
times, we seek to promote submissions that engage alternative, liberatory
possibilities informed by creative theories, methodologies, practices, and
visions. In particular, we encourage submissions that:

· *Extend conventional areas of study through critical and
interdisciplinary frameworks: *These areas include, but are not limited to:
bilingual education, affirmative action, special education, standards and
testing, teacher education, school violence, higher education, social
research methodology, information retrieval, access, systems and
institutions, etc.

· *Utilize an interdisciplinary framework*: Draw upon traditional
fields of study (such as policy, sociology, information-seeking and
retrieval, pedagogy, evaluation, psychological development, etc.) or provide
insight from diverse disciplines (e.g., legal theory, ethnic studies,
women's studies, technology studies, etc.).

· *Incorporate critical frameworks and address issues of social
inequities:*

These frameworks may include, *but are not restricted to,* feminism,
critical race theory, Marxism, post-colonialism, critical pedagogy, queer
studies, disability studies, etc. Whether or not submissions utilize
critical frameworks, they should demonstrate innovation and commitment to
advancing current analyses and discourses in progressive directions.

*Deadlines:* For Volume 3, August 25, 2006

* *

*Submission Guidelines:* All articles undergo a double-blind
peer-review. Please
visit the website for detailed submission guidelines. Manuscripts that do
not abide by the submission guidelines will be returned to the author.
Please contact interactions@gseis.ucla.edu for more details.

*Please send an electronic version of your submission in Word or Rich Text
(rtf) format to: interactions who-is-at gseis.ucla.edu. Send four paper copies of your
submission to: * * * *InterActions: UCLA Journal of Education and
Information Studies* *UCLA - Graduate School of Education & Information
Studies*

*2933 Mathematical Sciences Building - Box 951521*

*Los Angeles**, CA 90095-1521*