Re: [xmca] Kevin's paper for discussion: causality

From: Steve Gabosch (sgabosch@comcast.net)
Date: Tue Jul 04 2006 - 04:46:27 PDT

That doesn't ring right to me, Emily. Counterposing causality to
processes as existing on two different levels ... ? And on two
different levels of scale ... ? I don't find myself resonating with
that. Actually, I don't quite grasp this concept. I would rather
say something like, at all levels, large and small, processes are
particular sequences of causality. On your punchline, it intrigues
me the way you identify as a Humean habit this concept of viewing
causality on a macro level and processes on a micro level. Would you
elaborate?
- Steve