Re: [xmca] Playfully Answering Ana--

From: Gordon Wells (gwells@ucsc.edu)
Date: Wed Jun 14 2006 - 01:21:22 PDT

Neil Mercer has an interesting paper (with colleagues) in which he
proposes criteria for empirical evidence of successful scaffolding
(which I take, in this context, to be closely related to zpd:
Maybin, J ,Mercer, N. and Stierer, B. (1992) 'Scaffolding' learning
in the classroom. In K. Norman (Ed.) Thinking voices: The work of the
National Oracy Project (p. 186-195). London: Hodder and Stoughton.
I'll try to find it when I return from my travels.

Gordon

Gordon Wells
Dept of Education,		http://education.ucsc.edu/faculty/gwells
UC Santa Cruz.