Re: [xmca] J.M. Baldwin

From: steve thorne (sthorne@psu.edu)
Date: Mon Jun 05 2006 - 21:11:40 PDT

Phil and all -- Valsiner and van der Veer wrote a history of the
development of the "social mind" across 19th and 20th century
writers, including Baldwin and many others (Pierre Janet, G H Mead,
John Dewey, Vygotsky, etc). very useful --

Valsiner, J., van der Veer, R. (2000). The social mind: Construction
of an idea. Cambridge: CUP.

steve

>Baldwin's ideas are used extensively by Jaan Valsiner whose work is well
>worth
>consulting in connection with this tangled thread of discussion.
>mike
>
>On 6/5/06, Phil Chappell <philchappell@mac.com> wrote:
>>
>>I have just been fishing around for papers on imitation by James Mark
>>Baldwin and found the following site which has a couple of dozen
>>papers by him, including a chapter on imitation. This is for
>>information and not intended to hijack the current discussion!
>>
>>http://spartan.ac.brocku.ca/~lward/Baldwin/documents.html
>>
>>Phil

Steven L. Thorne
Assistant Professor of Applied Linguistics
Linguistics and Applied Language Studies
Associate Director, Center for Language Acquisition
Associate Director, Center for Advanced Language Proficiency
Education and Research
The Pennsylvania State University
Interact > 814.863.7036 | sthorne@psu.edu |
http://language.la.psu.edu/~thorne/ | IM: avkrook