[xmca] Nominations for CH SIG Officers

From: Ana Marjanovic-Shane (anamshane@speakeasy.net)
Date: Tue Apr 18 2006 - 12:39:16 PDT

Dear CH-SIG Members,
One more AERA Conference is over. At the Business meeting in San
Francisco, we have announced elections for the new officers of CH SIG.
At the meeting itself we received only 8 filled ballots - with
nominations for the following positions
CH SIG President (Currently me - Ana Marjanovic-Shane, Cultural
Educational Center ZMAJ)
CH SIG Program Chair (Currently Linda Polin, Pepperdine University) and
Ch SIG Treasurer (Currently Chrysoula Fantausakis, Kean University).

Many of you were not present at that meeting. This is an invitation to
you to send in your own nominations for any or all of the three
positions. (Use the Ballot at the end of this e-mail). Please send your
nominations to me by the end of April (April 30). We will post all the
nominees and organize electronic voting at the beginning of May. For the
officers, this is a period of intensive work with the AERA and with
membership -- preparing for the next conference. As you know, all the
proposals for papers and sessions for the next conference have to be
sent in by August 1, i.e. in the next three months!!! The new officers
will have to learn to use the (electronic) communication tools with AERA
and people at AERA they can turn to when they need assistance.

Thank you all for participating in the last meeting as presenters, peer
reviewers, chairs and discussants. You made a very important
contribution: our sessions were full, attracting not only the SIG people
but also many other members of AERA!

All the best
Ana

Ana Marjanovic'-Shane,Ph.D.