Re: [xmca] software for qualitative analysis of video

From: Rhiannon L. Crain (wren.crain@gmail.com)
Date: Wed Apr 12 2006 - 13:51:57 PDT

I've used Transana both on Macs and PCs - it is wonderful software for
transcription from video, but lacks a sophisticated mechanism for analysis,
which limits its usefulness.

NVivo, as Jonna mentioned about Atlas.ti, is best used with textual data.
It doesn't have a way to handle video data, except through transcriptions
made outside the program.

On 4/12/06, Ed Wall <ewall@umich.edu> wrote:

> There is now a version for Mac users.
>
> Ed Wall
>
> >Transana is a good piece of software and free to download. However, there
> is
> >no version for Mac users.
> >One other plus: the interface supports several languages other than
> English.
> >
> >Michelle.

Rhiannon Crain
UCSC