[xmca] Concerning Luria

From: Mike Cole (lchcmike@gmail.com)
Date: Wed Mar 29 2006 - 09:18:30 PST

In 1979, when I could not get the Luria autobio published without
censorship, I opened my epilogue with the
following expression of my understanding of his predicatment:

So I shall never waste my lifeā€‘span in a vain useless hope, seeking what
cannot be, a flawless man among us all who feed on the fruits of the broad
earth. But I praise and love every man who does nothing base from free will.
Against necessity, even gods do not fight.

-Simonides
Simonides as was a bard who spent part of his life living in Syracus under a
tyrant's control.

In 2005 more could be said. But the one true story? Don't expect there is
one, but I certainly do not know what it is.