Re: [xmca] chat analysis of ritual

From: Carrie Lobman (lobman@rci.rutgers.edu)
Date: Thu Mar 23 2006 - 11:50:56 PST

Vesna,

Its equally wonderful to have your voice here. There was so much in
your posting, but what most struck me is how viscerally you have that
we create zones of proximal development (and everything else) out of
the materials at hand. That's what human beings do. From the rather
privileged position of being an American it is easy to get into what
is needed to create a zpd, but there is something in that formulation
that is inherently conservative.

Carrie