[xmca] Ch-SIG Awards for 2006

From: Ana Marjanovic-Shane (ana@zmajcenter.org)
Date: Fri Mar 10 2006 - 19:02:04 PST

Dear Colleagues,

As representatives of the Cultural Historical Special Interest Group of
AERA we are pleased to announce the first recipients of the SIG's newly
created awards: The Life Time Contribution Award and the Early Career
Contribution Award.

The ad hoc committee of the Cultural Historical Special Interest Group,
which includes the SIG's Officers Ana Marjanovic-Shane, Linda Polin and
Chrysoula Fantausakis, together with the Awards Committee Pedro Portes,
Gordon Wells, Jennifer Vadeboncoeur and Eugene Matusov, received several
nominations for both of these awards. After reviewing the nominations,
the published work highlighted in the official nomination letters, and
much deliberation, we have identified the following award recipients.

The recipients of the Life Time Contribution Award are

    * Professor Vera John-Steiner, University of New Mexico
    * Professor Mike Cole, University of California, San Diego

The recipient of the Early Career Contribution Award is

    * Associate Professor Eugene Matusov, University of Delaware.

Attached to this e-mail are texts of the awards. Please read them when
you have a moment.

We wholeheartedly congratulate the recipients for their contributions!

We invite them to come to the Cultural Historical SIG Business meeting
during the Annual meeting of AERA in San Francisco April, 2006, to
receive their awards. We are also looking forward to their speeches at
the Annual meeting of AERA in 2007.

Best to all - Your Representatives

Ana Marjanovic-Shane
Linda Polin