Re: [xmca] virtual realities

From: J. Mark Jackson (jmarkjacks@msn.com)
Date: Mon Mar 06 2006 - 16:54:53 PST

Ana,

You said:
> I wonder if the more egalitarian relationships between the students and
> the teachers in your research is the result of the fact that students'
> had better control of the technology, or could one also see the
> formation of an "inner group" centered on a joint construction of the
> virtual reality? An inner group is a community of players who jointly
> co-author the play.

You say it quite well. I think the technologically dependent environment
enabled the formation of joint construction. Unlike the traditional
environment in which the teachers held the historically embedded power
position, the virtual environment created an opening for teachers and
students to construct together new rules, new community, new tools ... Also
the object seemed to change as the new "reality' emerged.

Thanks for the link. I missed it the first time around.