Re: [xmca] Artifacts, Tools and Classroom

From: Mike Cole (lchcmike@gmail.com)
Date: Tue Jan 17 2006 - 08:53:21 PST

Harry Daniels and Anne Edwards are the lead editors of MCA, Eric. I simply
help
with the logistics of getting it out. So I read the article after it was
published just as did the
rest of us. It seems to me that our task in such readings is to make the
principled theoretical and methodological issues as clear to ourselves as
possible and learn all we can from the empirical examples. I take it that is
what people are engaged in doing. I am grateful both to the authors for
their work and to those who take the time to struggle with interpreting and
learning from it. The gaps within the abstracts, and between abstractions
and concrete cases can, as we are seeing, be filled in in many ways. Which
interprertations have a future we think we want to live with? Lets find
them and then critically use them to see if we are right.

mike