Re: [xmca] Observation Tools?

From: wendynorthwoods@aol.com
Date: Wed Jan 11 2006 - 10:01:28 PST

Esteban: I'm chuckling.... that was an intriguing misprint... I meant to say "Community College" but I actually like the concept of "community of college students!"
If you were asking a deeper question, namely the weakness of the texts, I would answer that the observation texts I use focus on Piaget especially, who continues to capture the bulk of early childhood attention still along with a few other specific tools from specific child study but not any attention to Vygotsky from an "observaitonal" point.....
Thanks for asking--it expanded my thinking!
WEndy