[xmca] situated theory/novice teachers

From: Janet Frost (jhfrost@unr.edu)
Date: Sun Jan 08 2006 - 12:06:20 PST

I am doing doing research that uses a situated theory lens to examine
what happens for novice mathematics teachers when they enter the
schools - both how the novice teachers are affected/interact/shape
their identity within that context (including responses to/interactions
with the school community in general, the subject matter/curriculum,
and the students, who are likely to be increasingly diverse) and how
the schools are impacted by the influx of novice teachers. I have found
many good but dated articles and chapters that relate, but fewer that
are current (2000-2005), particularly in terms of how schools are
affected by new teachers entering them. Does anyone have suggestions of
research or thought pieces I should take a look at?

Thanks--
Janet Frost
University of Nevada, Reno