Re: [xmca] Intelligent Design decision

From: Debdowningw@aol.com
Date: Sat Dec 24 2005 - 08:11:56 PST

Good Morning Kevin,

It's more than that. The creationist's quest for inconstancies in gene
theory has spurred some of the most productive investigations in evolutionary
science, and the creation/evolution debate has inspired religious thinkers to
reexamine and reevaluate some cherished tenets. I believe the crux of the
issue is that ultimately evolutionary theory threatens mind/body separation which
fits so beautifully with the notion of free will. This is an important area
of discussion that should engage both the hard science and the social
science classrooms occasionally. Our children should be encouraged to seek out and
examine inconsistencies within and between all of the subjects they are
taught. We are both limiting and underestimating our children by banning from the
classroom any theory that resonates with a large portion of our population.

and peace with you, especially during this holy season, Deb

In a message dated 12/21/2005 6:00:38 PM Pacific Standard Time,