Re: [xmca] Some words about Hi Neighbor

From: Lois Holzman (lholzman@eastsideinstitute.org)
Date: Mon Dec 19 2005 - 18:43:40 PST

I think Vesna has given us a lot to respond to and I sincerely thank you,
Vesna, for taking the time. One of the many things that inspires and
impresses me about the activities of Hi Neighbor is what you refer to by
saying "it is open" and "Through common activities, wherein the obstacles
put by traditional social roles and labels vanish the human exchange occurs
in a genuine way and enormous capacity for learning for development becomes
transparent." I have a sense of what you mean, both because I have had the
privilege of participating many times and because my own work shares these
characteristics. However, I wonder what meaning others might be making...

Lois