Re: [xmca] A less messy response for Lois

From: Lois Holzman (lholzman@eastsideinstitute.org)
Date: Thu Dec 15 2005 - 06:50:13 PST

This helps some, Eric, although I don't think I can give the rules of the
game. How I've come to work and understand developmental environments is
that they are ones in which the participants/creators of them create the
rules as they go along/as they create the environments. You asked if there's
any place this is spelled out. Maybe my Performative Psychology: An Untapped
Resource for Educators (Educational and Child Psychology, 2000, 17,3, and on
the Institute web site) and parts of my Schools for Growth (Erlbaum) on the
Barbara Taylor School. I think they provide an overall framework and the
illustrations might create a picture.
Lois