[xmca] Subjectivity of participants in Community Organizational Cultures

From: Mike Cole (lchcmike@gmail.com)
Date: Wed Nov 23 2005 - 13:18:07 PST

OK-- So I am giving seminars and lectures and having discussions with
students and faculty at Pontificia Univ Catholica in Santiago. A student
walks in at the end of the day, after participating in some of these events,
and says that he wishes to do empirical work in community psychology
to get a degree. He wishes to be able to say something about the
subjectivity
of participants in a community organization. What should he read?

He has read theoretical work about subjectivity, but he is not clear how
these
theories (from French writers, mostly, I believe) can be applied in
community
research that might actually answer a question about subjectivity.

Question: What should he read?

I have started reading Judith Butler and am not sure if I will find the
answer to
his question there, but with 1-2 3 hour sessions a day, I will not find out
by
Friday.

Gobble gobble.
Can you help Ignacio and me with his question? Please?