Re: [xmca] concept as gambit

From: Martin Packer (packer@duq.edu)
Date: Fri Nov 18 2005 - 08:37:34 PST

Victor,

Could you unpack this for me? The subject acts. Reflects upon that activity
and in doing so acquires a self. Since the activity is social, the acquired
self is socially defined. OK. But subjectivity? Exists in the fact of
reflection? Is a psychological condition?

I understand Mary to be saying (and interpreting Anna as saying) that
subjectivity is first of all in activity. You seem to see subjectivity as
(only? primarily?) in reflection.

Am I understanding you?

Martin