[xmca] Conference: A. A. Leontiev

From: Dot Robbins (drobbins72000@yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Nov 06 2005 - 19:46:16 PST

Dear Friends,
You are invited to attend a conference called "Language in Action--Vygotskian and Leontievian Legacy," from June 8-10, 2006 in Jyvaskyla, Finland. You are also invited to submit papers to present your ideas. This conference will celebrate the life of Alexei Alexeevitch Leontiev, and will bring the past, present, and future ideas of language theories together in an international atmosphere. There will be an invited colloquium on "Language in Action and Activity: The Unit of Analysis." The conference will take place directly after the Summer School of Applied Linguistics in Jyvaskyla from June 5-7 2006. Attached is the information. It is my wish that many of you will be able to attend the conference. It was originally planed to celebrate A. A. Leontiev's 70th birthday, but it will not simply be a memorial conference now. This time together will present an opportunity for those interested in Vygotskian-Leontievian language theories to begin to network collectively.
I really hope to see you in Finland next summer.
Dot