Re: [xmca] Ilyenkov in A Stetsenko's articles

From: Mike Cole (lchcmike@gmail.com)
Date: Sat Nov 05 2005 - 07:24:12 PST

Thanks for the extensive and informative help with the idea of subjectivity,
Andy and Victor.

I will not reply extensively here both for the practical reason that I am
heavily pressured to
engage in local work and because it seems to me that it is important to the
discussion to hear
more from Anna and others who have much to say on the topic.

Just one orienting comment. While academic concern about using the term,
subjectivity, may be
co-extensive with the discipline of psychology, my own concern is to
understand the varieties of
its use, and their warrants to knowledge, from the humane sciences more
generally. CHAT in my
interpretation is ineluctably (sp?) an interdisciplinary re-combination of
what became the social/behavioral
sciences "vs" the humanities in the late 19th century.

Academia murdered to dissect. I am pretty certain that to get a more
informed future, to participate in the
creation of a spiral of development, we need to return to the past and
reconstruct/construct an alternative
approach that is more adequate to our current historical circumstances. The
alternative is a circle that is
getting more vicious by the day.

mike