[xmca] Objecting to This really isn't typical, guys

From: bb (xmca-whoever@comcast.net)
Date: Fri Oct 28 2005 - 15:32:32 PDT

To combine these two threads, and not let the issue be washed, I note the gender and cultural differences in what is being said by whom. Look for yourself. I think what Mary and Nancy sense is something to which we (guys/good ol' guys) should pay attention -- the very change in volume of postings is evidence enough, and one would dialectically approach this looming issue looking for the deeper underlaying contradiction, not just claim that this is not normal. We can do better to make sure xmca does not become an institution that "buries its contradictions".

Damn, it certainly is good (for me, anyway) that Mary continues to push and make one think beyond the boundaries that the past has created. THIS feels like what xmca has been and could be.

bb