Re: [xmca] in case you missed it

From: bryonhand@netscape.net
Date: Fri Oct 28 2005 - 10:51:21 PDT

As I understand the discussion groups purpose, it is an opportunity to dialogue and explore the complex nature of the human mind in its cultural and historical contexts. Politics are inextricably bound to this discussion. However, I don't find the discussion group the appropriate platform for political 'daggers' surrounding the war. There are strategic and intentional wars where body counts and resources measure success or failure. There are also fractured and unintentional wars within our young population for purpose, encouragement, and value. An earlier xmca participant explained he was more concerned with the underlying issues surrounding hate than an opinion about a book. I offer the same rationale with the country of Iraq vice the state of our youth.
I do not intend to defend President Bush and his politics -- I simply request that the discussion group send me email that relates more to xmca than to whether or not we should be a nation at war.
If this norm is acceptable to the group, than I will humbly unsubscribe and say thanks for the discussions I've had the chance to 'lurk' in. The group has a wealth of great minds and contributes a valuable body of work -- my opinion of that remains the same.