Re: [xmca] Re: Questions - People as mediators

From: Mike Cole (lchcmike@gmail.com)
Date: Thu Oct 20 2005 - 10:46:21 PDT

Lots to think about, thank you Mabel.

Your write: All these things make me think that people, even if they mediate
others' activities, are qualitatively extremely different from tools or
artefacts.

I certainly agree. From almost birth children respond differently to
intentional and non-intentional movement and tables are not intentional
beings in the same way that humans are. But they are
mediators, in both directions, with differential knowledge, power,
intentions.

Good luck with the triangles!
mike