RE: [xmca] Katrina and Tsunami

From: White Phillip (Phillip.White@cudenver.edu)
Date: Sat Sep 03 2005 - 10:00:59 PDT

-----Original Message-----
From: xmca-bounces@weber.ucsd.edu on behalf of Phil Chappell
Sent: Sat 9/3/2005 9:11 AM
To: eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity
Subject: [xmca] Katrina and Tsunami
And to the international academic community (particularly the US
scholars) I can only suggest, with all due respect and humbleness, to
consider anew or review the role that the material bases of society,
and particularly objects such as "class", "class relations", "poverty",
or the like, play in the models (?) that inform (?) their respective
forms of discourse analyses."

Phil

Phil - for me here in land-locked Denver, Colorado, your message came in clear and for me well understood - much appreciated. i will continue and redouble my efforts to emphasize the material bases of society - which of course includes all of the "isms".

phillip

university of colorado at denver, health science
school of education