Re: [xmca] Method/Methodology

From: Peter Moxhay (moxhap@portlandschools.org)
Date: Mon Aug 29 2005 - 06:12:59 PDT

Sasha,

Your remarks on V. P. Zinchenko and G. P. Schedrovitsky are truly
fascinating as well as informative! Did Davydov really write VPZ's
philosophy exam?!

May I ask for one clarification? You talk about "methodology" as used
in Russia from the 1960's on as "practically an euphemism for non-
marxist philosophy." In the case of Schedovitsky, in some of his
writings I've read, he seems to define his position as a Marxist one,
as based on an concept of activity that derives from Marx. So, in
your opinion, was Schedrovitsky's point of view (in distinction from
VPZ's) a Marxist one or not?

Peter