Re: [xmca] Halliday and Vygotsky

From: Mike Cole (lchcmike@gmail.com)
Date: Wed Aug 17 2005 - 18:05:53 PDT

I am not sure I follow what the two ideas we are combining are. One of us is
tired, of
that I am sure (its me) , so I will back and look at this again later. But I
am pretty sure that your
conclusion is close to a statement of Davydov's approach to pedagogy. The
book by Markova
is an extended experiment using a curriculum that is theoretically driven
and which starts with
the utterance. (Markova, the teaching and learning of language. Sharpe.
1979.
 I do not know the work of Gunter Kress, which may be why I do not entirely
understand what you
are saying.
mike