Re: [xmca] Does Gum make us Smarter? RE: FREE TOEFLR iBT PracticeTest!]

From: Debdowningw@aol.com
Date: Tue Aug 16 2005 - 18:11:05 PDT

This morning's 'Nest Heads' comic strip does a great job of pointing out
just how far-reaching the effects of school testing can be.

Sorry, I don't have a scanner at home, but it goes like this:

A young mother is confiding in her own mom, ' I don't know why I'm in denial
about Taylor starting kindergarten, mom. Maybe it's because I see it as her
first step toward being graded by the outside would and I want to protect
her from that.'

The older woman replies, 'Maybe it's your parenting you don't want graded.'

The response, 'I plan to say that I learned that from you.'