RE: [xmca] Does Gum make us Smarter? RE: FREE TOEFLR iBT Practice Test!]

From: Cunningham, Donald J. (cunningh@indiana.edu)
Date: Thu Aug 11 2005 - 15:33:54 PDT

I think I've told this story before, but I'm old so I get a break.

When we lived in Australia, we were driving into northern NSW on the way
to Brisbane and stopped in a roadside park. There I discovered the
"AMAZING weather predicting rock". It was a rock, hung with a chain
from a tripod. The sign next to it read:

If this rock is dry, the weather is fine.

If this rock is wet, it is raining.

If this rock is swinging, it is windy.

If this rock is white, it is snowing.

If this rock is missing, run for your life, it is a cyclone!

How different is this from the AMAZING intelligence predicting test ?

  _____