[xmca] xbdg discussion on Ilyenkov

From: Steve Gabosch (sgabosch@comcast.net)
Date: Sun Jul 24 2005 - 18:48:33 PDT

Speaking for myself, I have no problem with people freely shifting
posts and discussions from xbdg to xmca. That was always part of the
idea. All xmca'ers are welcome to join, participate in, lurk on, or
just peek at the discussions on xbdg. Conversely, if a discussion
thread on xbdg expands beyond the reading, and is relevant to xmca,
we encourage that such discussions migrate from xbdg to xmca.

The "we" of xbdg, by the way, is Kristen Clark, Peter Moxhay, and me,
the moderators. Kristen is the main moderator and Peter is the
discussion facilitator.

Anyone with a web browser can look at the messages on the xbdg
discussion site simply by clicking on the below. The first message
begins at 54 (the first 53 messages were used for something else and
were deleted). Messages go up to about 118 as of this
afternoon. There are a few ways to get around and easily browse -
there are links for messages, threads, expanded, etc.

To join, click on "Join This Group" so you can post, access files,
links, etc. There is a syllabus (we are now starting week 3) in the
files section and now a Word file version of Chapter 5 is available.

Ilyenkov is good for the brain - really makes you think! Check it out.

- Steve

At 05:13 PM 7/24/2005 -0700, Mike Cole wrote:

>I am uncertain of what the niceities are concerning cross posting
>between xmca and xbdg (meaning? I missed something) groups. the
>former of which is waiting
>for people to get home to finish the discussion of language and
>activity, the latter of which has been discussing Ilyenkov. This
>message does not need the context
>of prior messages to be interpretable and its content is of obvious
>interest on xmca. My apologies if this is not good netiquette.
>mike

<snip>