Re: [xmca] Combining Community-based research with Lecture Classes

From: Elaine Parent (eparent@ucsd.edu)
Date: Sat Jul 09 2005 - 10:52:53 PDT

Well, I read that (below) and I quite agree. It seems to me (and
reviewers note) that in order to get academics (deans, faculty) to
value this stuff you have to have (and demonstrate) cognitive outcomes.
Certainly there is a demonstration of some affective changes (that
initially turned me on) but I am on the watch for studies like you cite
below. Incidentally, how did you come across it?
Is there a lab meeting Monday? I noted that Honorine is coming into
town.

ep
p.s. I picked up on the word practicum and did an Eric search....
mostly science or education, of course, but did find another political
science example. I will attach it.