Re: [xmca] LCA:Complementarity

From: Debdowningw@aol.com
Date: Tue Jul 05 2005 - 16:12:40 PDT

A quick tangential question from a lurking novice:
I'm interested in examining the generative potential of artifacts as a means
to understanding some of the differences between 'primitive peoples' and
formally-schooled industrial societies. This idea is captured in the following
thought, perhaps poorly remembered from my early reading, which stays with me
although I've been unable to locate the source.
Artifacts are the manufactured objects that quietly impregnate the world
with human intelligence.
If anyone recognizes and can place it for me, I would be grateful. Also any
suggestions for related literature would be welcomed.
Deborah