Re: LCA: Getting started with tools, signs and activity

From: Armando Perez Yera (armandop@uclv.edu.cu)
Date: Thu Jun 16 2005 - 17:18:56 PDT

Re: LCA: Getting started with tools, signs and activityIs very interresting. But, as I thought, sign and tools are two side of the same coin. In each tool there is implicity and explicity a content charges as sign, meenings, senses (as when we ask the question for what which means values). And also, in each sign there is a conection to tools. (as wrote in some place Bourdieu there is a dialectical unity between a way of acting, a way of thinking and a way of feeling, the way of using langauge). But Vygotsky, in some writers, was much more interested in establish the idea of mediate actión and experimentally demonstrate it. But always Vygotsky thought in the human action as totallity, whole, which means, dialectically, concrete. As always, is the social (interpersonal intrapersonal) relation with social world in which action take place that have any sense for us.
Armando