Re: two people one computer

From: Noel Enyedy (enyedy@gseis.ucla.edu)
Date: Tue Jun 14 2005 - 09:22:21 PDT

Barbara,

I wrote about the interactions between dyads at a computer and how their
interactions (and the interactions in subsequent whole class discussions)
contributed to their learning trajectories.

Enyedy, N. (2003). Knowledge construction and collective practice: At the
intersection of learning, talk, and social configurations in a
computer-mediated mathematics classroom. The Journal of the Learning
Sciences, 12(3) 361-408.

Also, in the same issue Brigid Barron wrote about tryads at the computers
focusing on some of the downsides to group interactions at the computer.

Baron, B. (2003). When smart groups fail. The Journal of the Learning
Sciences, 12(3) 309-360.

In science Phil Bell looks at dyads and their argumentation strategies while
working in pairs at the computer

Bell, P. (2004). Promoting Students' Argument Construction and Collaborative
Debate in the Science Classroom, in M. Linn, E. Davis, & P. Bell (eds.)
Internet Environments for Science Education. Lawrence Erlbaum Associates

I am sure there are many more but those are the first few that came to mind.

Noel

--
Noel Enyedy, Assistant Professor
University of California at Los Angeles

Office (310) 206-6271 FAX (310) 206-6293

enyedy@gseis.ucla.edu

http://www.gseis.ucla.edu/faculty/enyedy