Re: Talk of courses and discussions

From: Mike Cole (lchcmike@gmail.com)
Date: Sun Jun 05 2005 - 15:24:50 PDT

I am afraid we are going to have to stick to English language resources,
Wolf -Michael.
A limitation of the group.

Your message reminds me that Ritva Engestrom has written on the topic of
language
and activity in MCA with Bakhtin as an important inspiration. I am sure
other articles
will come up as well. AAL is in English, as I indicated, and perhaps we can
find
something of his as well.

Getting the ideas of Halliday, Wells, Hasan and others working in that
tradition seems
essential if we are going to address the relations between perspectives.

mike