Re: Summer Study Group on Ilyenkov's Dialectics of the Abstract and the Concrete

From: Steven Thorne (sthorne@psu.edu)
Date: Wed Jun 01 2005 - 20:13:42 PDT

Mike, Steve, and all -- i like the idea of an Ilyenkov course -- this
would tie in nicely with my growing interest in language and the
materiality/ideality question. Ilyenkov seems to be the key here.
i've got quite a bit out of David Bakhurst and Peter Jones work but
could use some proleption.

i'm not sure what Phil or others have in mind for a language/CHAT
focused discussion -- there was a brief flurry of interest in early
april but i haven't heard/read anything since (save for Peg's recent
posts).

steve

--
Steven L. Thorne
Assistant Professor of Applied Linguistics