Re: From Beth about Video data and lifeworlds

From: Mike Cole (lchcmike@gmail.com)
Date: Mon May 30 2005 - 08:44:28 PDT

Hi Phil-- I logged on to see if it was time to bring the Jurow discussion to
an end. I assume
from the protracted silence that it has stop, but I am not sure it ended!

I will comment on that below. Meantime.

1. Thanks for the reference to the Baldry and Thibault book. Seems like we
should
be reviewing it in MCA and making its contents more widely known. A LOT of
people
on XMCA are struggling with the tasks that th book promises to provide help
for.

2. Do you think it time to begin the summer discussion of language and
activity? Today
is memorial day when American new media remind us of those dead and maimed
in past
wars, some grieve and remember, and others get ready to start their summer
holidays or
cram for final exams. If we had some common readings to start us off, and
some guidance
helpers, things might lift of as various academic years in the northern
hemisphere come to
an end and interested academics can turn away from examining each other's
intellectual
worth to examining ideas in common.
mike