Re: grokker search engine

From: Marie Judson (mjudson@ucsd.edu)
Date: Wed May 11 2005 - 15:17:16 PDT

As I recall, to fully grok is to understand more
deeply through having shared water (as in drinking).
Water brothers, being "of the same water," grok one
another. Of course, it helps to have developed Martian
telepathy.

Marie

--- David H Kirshner <dkirsh@lsu.edu> wrote:
---------------------------------

Neat site, Steve.

For those who don't know the origins, grok, as I
recall it, was the word for "know" or "understand" in
Robert A. Heinlein's classic, sci fi, '60s era cult
book, Stranger in a Strange Land. It means, literally,
"to drink."

David

Steve Gabosch <sgabosch@comcast.net>
05/10/2005 06:52 PM MST