resource needed

From: David Preiss (davidpreiss@puc.cl)
Date: Mon May 09 2005 - 07:46:54 PDT

Dear Xmcars,

Following up on the issue of relative free access to knowledge. I am
teaching statistics to undergrads and was looking for a web based tool
that teach stats a bit beyond the basics of descriptive statistics.
After a search, I was only able to find paid services, which is quite
incredible considering that a grasp of statistics should be part of the
toolkit of an average informed citizen. (I have never understood why
statistical books are so expensive, anyway) .That said, does anybody
know of a web resource that teaches statistics, beyond the basics, is
available somewhere on the web?

David

David Preiss

-