Re: Helping your self

From: David Daniel Preiss Contreras (davidpreiss@puc.cl)
Date: Mon May 02 2005 - 09:10:32 PDT

It is indeed a complicated matter.

It reminds me of Gabriel Garcia Marquez, the Literary Nobel Prize and a
notorious communist, fighting book piracy in Colombia to protect his
property rights. It reminds me of the quest I also sent about reducing the
costs of MCA journal so people in the third world can access them.

That said, I totally empathize with Mike's feelings. And I also can
understand the Presses perspective, which are commonly working on pretty
adjusted budgets. We need the presses as they very much need intellectuals
that nurture them. The thing is how can we enlarge accesibility without
making the Presses dissappear.

David

David D. Preiss
home page: http://pantheon.yale.edu/~ddp6/