Re: Helping your self

From: Wolff-Michael Roth (mroth@uvic.ca)
Date: Mon May 02 2005 - 09:01:42 PDT

This is an interesting issue, of course, as it would seem that the
spirit of marxists.org is to make important works (part of them) widely
available. It is in the spirit of open access, which has always
characterized Marxism. The contradiction is, of course, that somehow
one has to have procedures in place that make the collective cover the
cost of such ventures rather than the individual. There should of
course be an agreement with the author/translator/editor for doing so.
Personally, I have appreciated being able to access a number of books
and texts on marxists.org.
Cheers,
Michael